Wheel Bearing Inspection & Replacement
There should never be a rumbling, groan or grinding sound coming from the wheels of your car, nor any vibration through the steering wheel (unless of course you are driving over corrugated roads!).
Wheel bearing issues usually come about due to poorly sealed bearings or lack of lubrication. Worn bearings are very dangerous as they can collapse and cause the wheel to detach from the car. They can also cause uneven wear on the tyres, loud noises and vibration in the car.
For emergency repairs or regular maintenance, visit us in Liverpool.
Why work with Liverpool Auto Care:
- Peace of mind: Not only are we a Repco Authorised Service Centre, but we have a combined 20 years of experience on our team. From large jobs to small, you know you are in good hands with our mechanics.
- Ongoing Training: As part of the Repco family, our mechanics are offered training seminars and received service bulletins about the latest diagnostic equipment and vehicle upgrades.
- Friendly Service: We are not just a shop, but a locally owned and operated community of mechanics who are looking out for our neighbours.
Our Wheel Bearing Services include:
- Repacking and adjustment of wheel bearings (where applicable)
- Hub Assembly Repairs and Replacement
- Bearing replacement
Wheel Bearing Failure: Symptoms and Causes
The wheels on your vehicle need to operate in a smooth manner, regardless of surfaces and speeds. When there is damage to the wheel bearings, the drive is no longer smooth as friction will build up. This friction can then break down the wheel bearings and cause wear and tear on the axle.
Liverpool Auto Care can give you peace of mind by advising you what is causing the loud noise or vibration in your vehicle. It may be time to come in and see our mechanics if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Vibrations felt in the foot pedals
- Vibration in the floor above the wheels
- Pulling of the car to one side
- Loud noise coming from the tyres
Possible causes of these symptoms:
- Damaged or leaking seal on the wheel bearings
- Issues with the hub assembly
- Lack of grease on the wheel bearings
For wheel bearing replacements and routine maintenance in and around Liverpool contact our team at Liverpool Auto Care.